I don’t
think it will shock you that much, but popular educational philosophy suggests
that the best way to retain something is to teach it. This would imply that everything I teach you
I’ve only really learned because I’ve taught it—which may be true in some
cases. So while I would love to ramble
on about grammar and mechanics for months, I have found it is best to leave it
up to you. You teach the class, they
learn, you learn…and we all win. Here’s
the breakdown of your assignment:
·
With
your partner, you will be given a common grammar mistake/error. You will not only have to understand this
fully, but you will have to teach it to your peers.
·
Devise
a teaching strategy. Is there some way
to rhyme it and remember? Is there a
trick you discovered? A pneumonic
device?
·
Plan
a visual. This may be on my board, but I
also need something that will hang on my wall and become part of the grammar
wall. This poster should be vivid,
clear, and most importantly, helpful to anyone who may walk into my room.
·
Stick
to your time limit. You only have five minutes to teach us, maximum. Make every
minute count. And yes, both people must
participate.
·
Practice. Your presentation style should be flawless
and well-informed. I will ask questions,
so know the exceptions and be ready for a showdown.
Grading:
Visuals 20
points
Presentation/Clarity 20
points
Interest 10
points
Total 50
points
If I choose to hang your poster on the grammar wall, score! You’ll receive five bonus points. Make it pretty!
****CORRECTION FROM PERIOD 5/6 CLASS!
I incorrectly told you that in the who/whom paragraph correction, "who" was correct. I was not only wrong, I can't explain my thinking. I hope you can forgive me. <3, Rock
****CORRECTION FROM PERIOD 5/6 CLASS!
I incorrectly told you that in the who/whom paragraph correction, "who" was correct. I was not only wrong, I can't explain my thinking. I hope you can forgive me. <3, Rock
mrs. rock would it be a bad idea to put a video with my project.
ReplyDeleteFinished my poster. It looks pretty good, mostly made of duct tape. :D
ReplyDelete