Friday, October 5, 2012

Old Quiz


Name____________________________
English I Honors
Mrs. Rock
Vocabulary Unit 3 Quiz
Directions:  Read the following sentences, and fill in each blank with a word from the bank below.  Remember, it may be necessary to change the word ending. (5 pts. each)

regime              severance         voracity            adulate             zealous
            wistful               anomaly            flippant linear                vanquish
           
1.  If the relationship between Joe Rock and I was ever ________________, I would surely be left homeless and depressed.

2.  There was no mistaking the _____________________ in my husband’s eyes as he fondly remembered his days as a D&D Dungeon Master.

3.  It is true that my brother was known for his ___________________, his worst outburst occurred when he threw the package of Ramen noodles at my head while my friends were over.

4.  Democrats can only hope that Barack Obama __________________ John McCain in the November elections; I’m already feeling a bit pessimistic myself.

5.  While some saw Aaron’s extra opposable thumb as a(n) ____________________ burden, he saw it as just another way to shovel more fries into his mouth.

6.  The tragic downfall of most starlets, like the impressionable Ms. Lohan, is their overwhelming urge to experience ___________________ on a constant basis.

7. Ms. Daube took the most ________________ route to the two boys throwing punches and separated them with her best Vulcan Death Grip.

8.  I would like to say that I’d gladly move to the new school in 2010, but I fear the new ______________________ will force me to choose a life stuck in room 230 at the Oak.

9. I know that vocabulary tests rarely make my students feel _______________; at least this one is almost over.

10.  Marc ate the marshmallow Peeps so _____________________ that the class was certain he was going to choke at any minute. 

1 comment:

  1. 1. severed 2. wistfulness 3. flippancy 4. vanquishes 5. anomalous 6. adulation 7. linear 8. regime 9. zealous 10. voraciously

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.